Here are few of my published articles which are useful resources for teaching. They are provided as PDF files. Click on the links to download.
- The Biophysics of Walking – Force and Pressure are explained and differentiated in a simple manner using human foot, footwear and walking as examples. Includes easy to use activities that can be completed within 40 minutes.
- The secret life of succulents – Activities for the classroom using succulents. It includes photographs and identifications of commonly seen plants in the neighbourhood as well as endemic ones. A useful resource for teaching topics such stem and leaf modifications or even about medicinal plants.
- Pollinators or Plant munchers-Butterflies & Pollinators or Plant munchers-Butterflies Booklet – This document has activities and images of butterflies (with their names). It can be used either in classrooms during a lesson on pollination or for nature/science club activities. Topics covered are butterfly scales, wing colours, feeding, how to identify them and a brief description of the major families. Between the pamphlet (which can be printed and taken during outdoor activity) and the document 75 types of butterflies have been included.
- The Little-known World of Flies – This paper identifies and describes many flies one comes across, but hardly notice. It also provides exciting activities using the common house fly. A useful resource for middle school science as well as for nature/science club activities
- Resource guide for Biodiversity module – This pamphlet contains commonly seen neighbourhood fauna. Resource for outdoor activities. Biodiversity module can be downloaded from – http://www.wipro.org/earthian/school.php
- Vidyavanam brochure – Biodiversity seen on the campus of Vidya Vanam School, Anaikatti.
- KMTR resource pamphlet Back Page & KMTR resource pamphlet Front PagePhoto field guide to the Butterflies and Moths of Kalakad Mundanturai Tiger Reserve.